I started All is Well at the End so I could help my clients deal with the decisions that have to be made as we get older. My company specializes in taking the fear out of getting older. With someone by your side to listen, take notes, and relay the information back from your doctors’ appointments or other important meetings. How about someone to drive you out of town to see a friend? We help you fill out paperwork and give you peace of mind.
I have worked with seniors and those with special needs for most of my work career. I have worked as a Certified Medical assistant, senior fitness instructor and as a director of a local Alzheimer’s facility. Helping people see how important they are is what makes me happy. I am curently the Youth, Family, and Pastoral Care Minister for Unity Bay Area Houston( a local church).
A little more about me, I am a natural caregiver. I have one grown daughter. I am a Girl Scout and have been for over 45 years.
WHEN HOSPICE ISN'T ENOUGH.
Hospice will be with you and your family approximately 5% of the time. There is a lot going on during the other 95%. Hospice provides the medical advice, medicines and wonderful therapists, but their time is limited. I provide the calm presence and reassurance of someone who has been through this before and I can stay with you as long as you need .
My services are charged by the hour I normally work in the Galveston and league city metro area.
I provide coaching sessions via phone on the topics above. This works well for people out of the metro. It also works well for issues that just come up. These can be in half hour or hour increments.
Having a conscious death means planning for the final days of life. Our culture has the tendency to see death as a failure, even though death is part of the natural order of life. When you see death as a failure, you lose the opportunity to get the full 'gifts' of death, the meaningful culmination of a life.
Death can be a time of intense transformation and healing. I work to support a dying person to befriend their death, to live a richer life until the end. I work to support caregivers to help their dying loved one to walk this path.
For the dying person
In large part, I listen.
Feeling alone while dying is normal. It is difficult in our culture to sit with the uncomfortable truth of dying; you will often hear "you aren't alone, I am right here with you." While said with love, this may make you feel more alone. When you are dying, you are on a solitary journey, whether you live on your own or are surrounded by friends and family. I see you, without trying to fix what cannot be fixed.
I provide a sense of calm and peace at a time when everything seems to be falling apart.
In large part, I listen. Compassionate listening from someone who has been there before is sometimes the most healing balm we need as caregivers.
I offer a variety of physical, emotional, and spiritual services to support you as you prepare for the end of life of your loved one including:
-Making a Game Plan, incorporating what matters to your family. This planning ahead allows you to be prepared and calm when the time comes to let them go because you have envisioned it and left nothing to the last minute.
-Prepare you to say I'm sorry, I forgive you, Thank you, Goodbye.
-Gentle reminders to care for yourself. Sometimes when our world becomes so small as a caretaker we forget to eat, or drink. Sometimes we just need a reminder to go on a walk and take some deep breaths. -Sometimes we need someone to show up with a hot nourishing meal.
-Respite care – I can be with your loved one, so you can take care of yourself.
I support your hard work as a caregiver by listening and helping you to problem solve issues as they arise. I can be a companion on this path, using the wisdom I have gathered, to support you.